The E36 M3 offers more refined driving characteristics in comparison to its homologation special predecessor. It was initially available as a coupé and became available as a saloon and convertible in 1994.
In 1995, the M3 debuted in the North American market, albeit with different specifications. In 1997, the M3 underwent a facelift and was optionable with a sequential manual transmission. It was replaced in 2000 by the E46 M3.
Need for Speed: Shift
The BMW M3 E36 appears as a tier 2 car in Need for Speed: Shift with a price tag of $50,000. It is capable of a Works conversion and has a car rating of 4.10.
The E36 has powerful acceleration and good handling traits but also comes with a low top speed. It is competitive in most race modes, especially in Drift events.
Shift 2: Unleashed
The BMW M3 E36 appears as a Retro Road car in Shift 2: Unleashed with a price tag of $19,900. It has a D 419 performance rating and a 3.05 handling rating.
Need for Speed: No Limits
The BMW M3 E36 appears in Need for Speed: No Limits as a Classic Sports class car. Its starting rank is 269 PR and the blueprints are available in Chapter 3: Wheely Fast.
The stock BMW M3 Coupé 1999 is a classic sports class car that requires 4 uncommon blueprints to unlock. The blueprints required to unlock the vehicle can be found from various sources;
- Campaign - Chapter 3: Wheely Fast
- Black Market
- Upgrade Crate
- Premium Crate
- Chop Shop
Receive 40 mechanic level XP by building up and 250 mechanic level XP by fully staging up this car.
|x4 Common Blueprints||4740||5100||4920||657|
Need for Speed: Edge
The BMW M3 E36 appears in Need for Speed: Edge.
- In Need for Speed: Shift, the player must use a E36 M3 in the Drift Competition event in London, where six stars can be obtained. There is also an invitational event with the car at Dakota GP.
- The M3 E36 is featured in Need for Speed: No Limits with the appearance of the pre-facelift model despite being described as a 1999 model.
- ↑ Web link: BMW M3 1992 - 1999 specifications
- ↑ Web link: BMW M Registry - FAQ E36 M3 3.0
- ↑ Web link: BMW M3 Buyer's Guide