The Chevrolet Bel Air Sport Coupe 265 V-8 Plus-Power is a second generation model in the Bel Air range manufactured by Chevrolet.
The second generation models of the Bel Air were outfitted with a new overall body style and a V8 engine option. The new models went into production from 1954 to 1957, and were replaced by the third generation models, which were only in production for a single year.
In 1956, the Bel Air received a face-lift with a wider front grille, two-tone bodyside treatments, and wheel openings. Popular Mechanics highlighted that only 7.4% of those that purchased the Bel Air did so with a seat belt option.
Motor City Online
The Bel Air appears in Motor City Online with various configurations including a coupé, convertible, and chop top.
Need for Speed: Payback
The Bel Air appeared in the reveal trailer for Need for Speed: Payback.
It is a derelict car that can be built after finding all five of its parts. The rumour as to the location of its first part is unlocked upon completing the Jess: Runner questline in chapter 3 - City Lights.
Upon all of its parts being found, it can be built into a drag, drift, off-road, race, or runner class car.
Finding the parts for all derelicts will allow for it to be purchased from either the drag, drift, off-road, race, or runner class dealerships, and purchasing the Speedcross Story Bundle will allow it to be purchased from the speedcross dealership.
|Find all of its Derelict parts.|
|Top Speed 106|
|0 - 60 9.17|
|1/4 Mile 17.17|
|N2O Capacity 4.0|
|N2O Power 4.0|
Need for Speed: Heat
The Bel Air appears in Need for Speed: Heat following an article, revealing it to be part of the game's official car list, was published on August 19, 2019, and appears in the NFS: Heat Studio app as part of container 7, which was released on October 1, 2019.
The stock Bel Air can be unlocked in Need for Speed: Heat.
- In Need for Speed: Heat, the Bel Air has an inconsistent portrayal in-game:
- It is listed as being fitted with a 3.9L inline-six engine, which produced 136 bhp and not 180 bhp
- It is listed as being fitted with a inline-six engine, but has a V8 in-game
- The 180 bhp listing is representative of the 265 V-8 Plus-Power
- In the NFS: Heat Studio app, it is listed with the performance specifications of the 265 V-8 Plus-Power.
- https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=fNwDAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=7.4%25&f=false Popular Mechanics. March 1955 Report on the Chevrolet V8
- Article: ea.com (2019) Under the Hood: Need for Speed Heat Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/news/nfs-heat-car-list
- Article: gtplanet.net (2019) Need for Speed Heat Full Car List Revealed. Available at: https://www.gtplanet.net/need-for-speed-heat-car-list/