It is powered by a 370cu HEMI V8, which is based on the 345cu V8. Besides the increase of displacement, the compression ratio was raised to 10.3:1. The diameter of the cylinder heads were also slightly increased.
The Charger SRT8 is equipped with a series of special parts such as SRT-tuned dampers and anti-sway bars.
In 2011, the Charger SRT8 received a facelift with production of the LD model.
Need for Speed: Carbon
The Charger SRT8 appears as a tier 2 Muscle class vehicle in Need for Speed: Carbon with a price tag of $70,000. The car is unlocked in different manners depending on the player's progression:
- Tuner Career - Defeat Darius.
- Muscle Career - Take over Mason District in Downtown.
- Exotic Career - Defeat Darius.
The Charger SRT8 is focused on acceleration at the expense of handling. It may not be as quick as the Dodge Charger R/T, although it is better than any other modern muscle. Due to its heavy weight, the SRT8 can ram police vehicles effectively.
Need for Speed: Undercover
The Charger SRT8 appears in the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases of Need for Speed: Undercover with a price tag of $48,000. It is unlocked through career progression.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
The racer vehicle is unlocked upon the player earning a total of 10,000 racer bounty. The SCPD unit is unlocked upon the player earning a total of 75,000 cop bounty.
It has the highest power output out of all Sports Series cars. However, the Charger may not be as competitive in races as it lacks agility compared to other cars such as the Porsche Boxster Spyder due to being the heaviest car in its category. This trait, however, allows it to sustain more damage than other cars of its class in Hot Pursuit.
|Earn 10,000 racer bounty||Sports Series||165 mph (265 km/h)||$40,000||RWD|
|Earn 75,000 cop bounty||Traffic Police||425 bhp @ 6,200 rpm||5.0 seconds||2010|
Need for Speed: The Run
The Charger SRT8 is featured in Need for Speed: The Run as a rare bonus wheel reward, as a traffic car, and as a police car.
The Super Taxi is a tier 5 car unlocked as a reward from the bonus wheel.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
It is tougher and faster than the Ford Crown Victoria. The Charger SRT8 can be a somewhat difficult car to avoid when using slow cars, although it is the least durable vehicle in higher heat levels, where the Crown Victoria is no longer used. It is deployed by the police during heat level 2 to 5.
- An orange bonus Charger SRT8 can be selected for Quick Race events in Need for Speed: Carbon.
- Need for Speed: Carbon features manufacturer vinyls for the Charger SRT8 that mimic the appearance of the Daytona and Super Bee models.
- During a pursuit in Need for Speed: Carbon, dispatch will refer to the Charger as a sports car.
- In the game files of Need for Speed: Carbon, there is an unused preset of Nikki's car for a Dodge Charger SRT8.
- Zack Maio drives a Dodge Charger SRT8 in the PlayStation Portable release of Need for Speed: Undercover.