The Dump Truck is a fictional traffic vehicle.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
The Dump Truck appears in Need for Speed: Most Wanted as a traffic vehicle.
Need for Speed: Carbon
It can be unlocked through gameplay, but can be unlocked early for the Xbox 360 release through purchasing a downloadable content pack; the Dump Truck pack.
It has quick acceleration, which helps it gain momentum in its challenge event. The large size makes it sturdy, but also gives it sluggish handling, and a tendency to fishtail under aggressive cornering.
The custom Palmont DT1 is unlocked for use in Quick Race upon the player completing the "Dumptruck" Reward Card:
- Tuner Addict: Fill your Career Garage with only Tuner Cars
- Exotic Aficionado: Fill your Garage with only Exotic Cars
- Wolfshead: Accumulate a fine of 50,000 while in Career Freeroam
- Drift King: Score 500,000 points in a Drift event
Top Speed 5.2
Need for Speed: Undercover
The Dump Truck can be found in the game files of the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases of Need for Speed: Undercover, but it is not used as a traffic vehicle, but a truck that can be driven is present in the game files.
In the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 releases of Need for Speed: Undercover, it is based on an unused dump truck model found in the game files of Burnout Paradise, which itself is based on the Ford F-700.
Need for Speed: World
- The Palmont FD1 is another playable traffic vehicle featured in Need for Speed: Carbon.