El Niño (or The Boy in English) is a fictional supercar.
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
El Niño appears in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit as a bonus car that is unlocked upon winning a Knockout race series at Expert difficulty. It is alternatively unlocked after entering the cheat code "elnino" at the main menu.
The El Niño is the fastest car in the game. It tends to understeer in curves but this can quickly alter to oversteer if it decelerates too quickly. This can help keep the car under control in sharp bends.
The Pursuit El Niño is a police variant that appears in the PC release, and is unlocked upon earning the "Most Wanted" badge for all courses in Hot Pursuit mode. It has identical performance specifications.
- The El Niño is represented by a computer-generated vector drawing instead of a photograph due to it being a fictional vehicle.
- The El Niño has a counterpart in the PC release of Need for Speed: High Stakes known as La Niña.
- The El Niño features different taillight designs between its appearances in the PC and PlayStation releases.
- Its interior is largely based on the Corvette C5, although only having a single, centred seat.
- In the PlayStation release of Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit, near the end of the third scene in the main menu, a rendition of El Niño with unused taillights textures is shown jumping a ramp at Empire City.