|“||The Helicopter provides the ultimate support. As your personal "eye-in-the-sky," the SCPD chopper ensures that any elusive targets remain firmly on the grid||”|
Offered to only cops, calling in aerial support will allow pursing SCPD units to maintain contact during Interceptor events as well as disrupting racers in Hot Pursuit events.
Once called in, the SCPD helicopter will attempt to maintain contact with racers during its time on station and will drop level one spike strips in front of racers. A helicopter's effective duration is limited by the amount of fuel onboard, with upgraded aerial units having a higher fuel and spike strip capacity.
Racers can dodge the spike strips dodged by aerial units and are able to force it out of a pursuit with a successful EMP lock-on. Upgraded helicopters are more capable in maintaining contact and better at tracking suspects through tunnels.
The level one helicopter is the standard aerial response unit, being capable of tracking suspects unless they're in tunnels, can occasionally drop level one spike strips, and has the smallest fuel capacity.
It can be distinguished by its white colour and black SCPD decals.
Players will be allowed to call in a level one helicopter as soon they have been approved for usage by command:
- Cop Career - First offered during a Highway Patrol event: "Eye in the Sky".
- Online Multiplayer - Available from the beginning.
The level two helicopter is a more capable aerial support unit, with an increased fuel capacity and greater likelihood to drop level one spike strips, as well as being capable of tracking suspects travelling through tunnels.
It can be distinguished by its blue, black, and white body colour with white SCPD decals.
Players will be upgraded to call in level two helicopter support upon reaching the "5 Successful Helicopter Support" milestone.
The level three helicopter is the most capable aerial support unit available to the SCPD. It is able to maintain deployment the longest once called in, with the largest fuel capacity and is the most likely to drop a level one spike strip.
It can be distinguished by its black body colour with orange SCPD decals.
Players will be upgraded to call in level three helicopter support upon reaching the "10 Successful Helicopter Support" milestone.
- Jammers can be used to disable spike strips that have been dropped by a helicopter.
- A successful EMP lock-on and hit to a helicopter can force it out of a pursuit.
- The SCPD helicopter unit's aircraft registration is "N417SP".
- It can be interoperated as "Need 4 17th console game Speed", if not counting any unique localised releases, arcade cabinet, promotional tie-in games, or PlayStation Portable releases prior to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010).
|Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered - Equipment|
|Equipment||EMP · Helicopter · Jammer · Road Block · Spike Strip · Turbo|
|Manufacturers||HCM Corporation · Hudsen Tech|