The Ford Crown Victoria is a full sized sedan that has found popularity within the taxi and police consumer markets. The P71 series was a common police interceptor model utilised within North America from 1992 to 2011.
It was replaced by the Ford Police Interceptor sedan and Ford Police Interceptor Utility upon the end of P7B production in April 2011. The 1998 to 2000 model was the first production police interceptor of the 2nd generation Ford Crown Victoria.
The 2nd generation model went through several design alterations during production.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
The Crown Victoria appears in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 and is made available from the beginning for the cops in all releases. In the PlayStation 2 release, it can be unlocked for use by racers in challenges by completing the Pursuit Crown Victoria Challenge.
- In the PAL release, the Crown Victoria uses a diferent livery due to the game's localization.
- In the GameCube release, there is a glitch in which the player can use the Crown Victoria as a racer.
- If it is being used in a Hot Pursuit, the police will list the car as simply being a "stolen police cruiser" or a "Ford police cruiser". Nevertheless, the lights and sirens are otherwise non-functioning.
- Sometimes, in a multiplayer "Free Run", Player 2 will usually be the one to use the Crown Victoria as a cop, and may be directed to chase and stop Player 1.
- If in a normal race, Player 2 will only be able to race typically, using a variant of the Crown Victoria without its police lightbar.