The Cobra R was sold without back seats or any luxury equipment for weight savings.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
The Mustang SVT Cobra R appears in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 as a class 3 car and as a class C car in the PlayStation 2 release. It is also available as a police car in both games and is classed in the same tier as its racer counterpart.
It possesses slightly heavy steering, but also accelerates quicker than most cars within its performance range. It performs well in pursuits due to its durability and power.
The NFS Edition Mustang SVT Cobra R is unlocked in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases upon earning 20,000 NFS Points, but is unlocked in the PlayStation 2 release upon accumulate 500,000 NFS Points.
The Pursuit Mustang SVT Cobra R is unlocked in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases upon earning 20,000 NFS Points. It can be unlocked in the PlayStation 2 release through two different methods;
- Challenge Mode - Win the Ultimate Racer event #18 (Pursuit Mustang Challenge).
- You're The Cop - Lead 4 laps in Hot Pursuit at advanced difficulty.
- Cheat Code - Enter at the main menu; Left, Square, Left, Square, R2, R1, R2, R1.
Need for Speed: Underground Rivals
- In the PAL release, the Pursuit Mustang SVT Cobra R uses a diferent livery due to the game's localization.
- The Pursuit Mustang SVT Cobra R features a second unused livery which can be found in the game files.