The Cobra R was sold without back seats or any luxury equipment for weight savings.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
The Mustang SVT Cobra R appears in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 as a class 3 car and as a class C car in the PlayStation 2 release. It is also available as a police car in both games and is classed in the same tier as its racer counterpart.
It possesses slightly heavy steering, but also accelerates quicker than most cars within its performance range. It performs well in pursuits due to its durability and power.
The NFS Edition Mustang SVT Cobra R is unlocked in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases upon earning 20,000 NFS Points, but is unlocked in the PlayStation 2 release upon accumulate 500,000 NFS Points.
The Pursuit Mustang SVT Cobra R is unlocked in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases upon earning 20,000 NFS Points. It can be unlocked in the PlayStation 2 release through two different methods;
- Challenge Mode - Win the Ultimate Racer event #18 (Pursuit Mustang Challenge).
- You're The Cop - Lead 4 laps in Hot Pursuit at advanced difficulty.
- Cheat Code - Enter at the main menu; Left, Square, Left, Square, R2, R1, R2, R1.
Need for Speed: Underground Rivals
The Mustang SVT Cobra appears in Need for Speed: Underground Rivals with a price tag of $56,000.
Due to its heaviness, it possesses weak handling capabilities, being prone to understeer. Despite of that, it is one of the fastest vehicles when fully upgraded and it has better stats than the Pontiac GTO. It is best used in drag events.
- In the PlayStation 2 PAL release of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, the Pursuit Mustang SVT Cobra R uses a different livery due to the game's localization.
- The Pursuit Mustang SVT Cobra R features a second unused livery which can be found in the game files of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.
- Despite being labeled as the Mustang SVT Cobra R in Need for Speed: Underground Rivals, the stock model in the game is based on the 2003-2004 "Terminator" Mustang SVT Cobra. However the vehicle can be equipped with the 2000 Mustang SVT Cobra R body parts.
|Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 - Vehicles|
|Racer||Aston Martin V12 Vanquish · BMW M5 · BMW Z8 · Chevrolet Corvette Z06 · Dodge Viper GTS · Ferrari 360 Modena** · Ferrari 360 Spider · Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pininfarina · Ferrari F50 · Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R · Ford TS50 · HSV Coupé GTS · Jaguar XKR · Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT · Lamborghini Murciélago · Lotus Elise · McLaren F1 · McLaren F1 LM · Mercedes-Benz CL 55 AMG · Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR · Opel Speedster · Porsche 911 Turbo · Porsche Carrera GT Concept · Vauxhall VX220|
|Pursuit||BMW M5 · Chevrolet Corvette Z06 · Dodge Viper GTS* · Ford Crown Victoria · Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R · Ford TS50* · HSV Coupé GTS* · Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT* · Lamborghini Murciélago · Porsche 911 Turbo*|
|Traffic||Ambulance · Box Truck · Bus · Coupe · Fire Truck · Hatchback · Minivan · Pickup Truck · Sedan · SUV · Taxi · Van|
|*GameCube/PC/Xbox exclusive, **PlayStation 2 exclusive|
|Need for Speed: Underground Rivals - Vehicles|
|Cars||Chevrolet Corvette Z06 · Dodge Charger R/T · Dodge Neon · Ford Focus ZX3 · Ford Mustang · Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R · Mazda MX-5 · Mazda RX-7 · Mazda RX-8 · Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX · Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII · Nissan 240SX · Nissan 350Z · Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V · Nissan Skyline GT-R · Pontiac GTO · Subaru WRX STi · Toyota Celica GT-S · Toyota Supra · Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0L|
|Traffic||Pickup Truck · SUV · Van|