The 2015 Honda Civic Type R (FK2) is a high performance model of the ninth generation Honda Civic that was first unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2014.
It entered production in 2015 for a European target market, with its construction in Swindon, England under a subsidiary; Honda of the UK Manufacturing. Exported across the world, only 750 units entered Japan.
Being the first Type R to be turbocharged, the 2-litre 4 cylinder engine is built at Honda's Anna Engine Plant in Ohio, U.S.A. before being shipped to England.
It has a special R+ button that when activated can improve the responsiveness of the chassis, engine, and throttle.
Need for Speed: Payback
The Civic Type R appears in Need for Speed: Payback following a brief appearance in a customisation trailer released on June 26, 2017, and in an off-road race gameplay video released on August 30, 2017.
|Unlocked in chapter 3 - City Lights.|
|Top Speed 168|
|0 - 60 5.40|
|1/4 Mile 13.87|
|N2O Capacity 3.2|
|N2O Power 3.2|
Need for Speed: Edge
The Civic Type R 2016 appears in Need for Speed: Edge.
Top Speed 0
Nitro Capacity 0
Need for Speed: Heat
The Civic Type R '15 appears in Need for Speed: Heat following an article published on August 19, 2019, revealing it to be part of the game's official car list, and appears in the NFS: Heat Studio app as part of container 1, which was included with the release of the app.
The stock Civic Type R '15 is unlocked for purchase from the car dealer for 56,500 upon reaching Reputation Level 5.
It has a customisation rating of four and can be equipped with performance parts.
HIGH SPEED 2.0
HORSEPOWER [bhp] 306
0-60 MPH [s] 5.40
MAX TORQUE [ft-lb] 295
TOP SPEED [mph] 168
|Customisation (Rating: 4/10)|
Engine Swaps (7 Available)
- In Need for Speed: Edge, it is listed with a 2016 model year.
- Video: Need for Speed (2017) Need for Speed Payback Official Customization Trailer. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjPUq4Hs5UM
- Video: CROWNED (2017) NFS Payback - Offroad Race (8 Cars Listed). Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Z8K7hzKUg
- Article: ea.com (2019) Under the Hood: Need for Speed Heat Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/news/nfs-heat-car-list
- Article: gtplanet.net (2019) Need for Speed Heat Full Car List Revealed. Available at: https://www.gtplanet.net/need-for-speed-heat-car-list/
|Civic||CX '99 (EJ6) · Si '00 (EM1) · Si '06 (FG2) · Type R '00 (EK9) · Type R '15 (FK2) · Type R '17 (FK8)|
|CR||CR-X DX '88 (EC1) · CR-X SiR '91 (EF8) · CR-Z '10 (ZR2)|
|Integra||Type R '95 (DC2)|
|NSX||Type R '92 (NA1)|
|S2000||'00 (AP1) · '03 (AP1) · '09 (AP2)|