Need for Speed: Carbon
Kenji appears in two short cutscenes after the player completes a race event within Downtown and after taking over two territories within that area. Kenji challenges the player to a series of Boss Race events, once all territories of Downtown are taken over.
After taking over all mid-game territories, he reappears as a member of Darius' Stacked Deck crew that is "motivated" to take down the player. He can be encountered in the North Broadway circuit and Journeyman's Bane canyon duel events.
Kenji drives a Mazda RX-7 that can be obtained by the player through a pink slip marker from his Boss Bonus Cards. He drives a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR-edition upon joining Stacked Deck that cannot be obtained by the player.
- "Didn't expect you to show your face again."
- "Things have changed around here. This place is a battleground now."
- "Tuners. Muscles. Exotics. Crews fight for territory in the city, and it all gets settled in the canyon. But you'll never survive."
- "I heard you were back in town. Now I wanna hear you're gone!"
- "I don't know what is more pathetic. Your crew, or your car."
- "You remember me, right? I don't think you do. If you did, then we wouldn't be sitting here right now."
- "It's your last chance to face reality, and back off!"
- "No way, punk."
- Kenji appears in the introduction film of Need for Speed: Carbon.
- A shortened version of "Fighting In Built Up Areas" by Ladytron is played during Kenji's introduction video.
- Kenji drifts his car in any cutscene where he meets the player in a bid to show off the potential of Tuner cars.
- In the demo release of Need for Speed: Carbon, Kenji is featured as the leader of the Scorpions crew, which was renamed to Scorpios in the final release. Despite that, his car still has a Bushido livery in both game builds.
- In the demo release of Need for Speed: Carbon, and during several cutscenes of the final release, Kenji's car model is wrongly depicted due to the game applying the car's stock body and its aftermarket body kit simultaneously.
- In some promotional trailers, Kenji can be seen driving a custom yellow Ford Mustang GT.
- Kenji is listed as one of the competitors in the Fortune Valley Speedcross Series included in the Speedcross Story Bundle for Need for Speed: Payback.
- ↑ Video: Electronic Arts (2007) Need for Speed CARBON- Crew Blockers. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSxrQrdyi4c
|Need for Speed: Carbon - Characters and Crews|
|Crews||Player · Neville · Sal · Nikki|
|21st Street Crew (Angie · Samson) · Bushido (Kenji · Yumi) · TFK (Wolf · Colin) · Stacked Deck (Darius)|
|Black Hearts · Inferno · Kings · Los Colibries · Rotor 4 · Scorpios|