The 2002 Lexus IS 300, also known as the Toyota Altezza in Japan, is a mid-class four-door saloon/sedan from Lexus, which was offered with a 3.0L inline-six engine (2JZ-GE) and produced between 1999 and 2005 for the North American market.
The IS 300 was the fastest model of the XE10 series. For the Japanese market, the 3.0 litre inline-six was only available in Toyota branded Gita estate/wagon models.
Need for Speed: Underground 2
It has average performance and handling when compared to other cars unlocked in Stage 3.
|Unlock||Complete URL Race 5 in Stage 3|
|0 - 60 mph||0 - 100 mph||Top Speed||Torque||Power|
|Stock||7.10 seconds||18.13 seconds||139.0 mph (224 km/h)||217.1 ft-lb||214.3 bhp|
|Fully Upgraded||3.90 seconds||9.01 seconds||213.0 mph (343 km/h)||349.5 ft-lb||480.0 bhp|
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
The IS300 appears in Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
It has the most capable handling of all initial career cars, but lacks in terms of speed. It is still a good candidate for Junkman performance parts, due to a low weight and its consequently great handling.
Vince "Taz" Kilic's
Vince "Taz" Kilic drives a customised IS300, which is made available as a Bonus car for use in Quick Race or multiplayer after he is defeated in the Career mode. It can not be selected for customisation in My Cars.
A custom IS300 is offered in the Challenge Series and can be driven in two events:
- #23 - Tollbooth Time Trial: Complete "Union & Hwy 99" in less than three minutes and fifteen seconds.
- #24 - Infractions: Earn 5 infractions in a Heat Level 3 pursuit and evade.
It can not be unlocked for use in any events or game modes outside of its two Challenge Series events.
Challenge Series vehicle
Top Speed 3.6
Need for Speed: Carbon
It can be unlocked through gameplay, but can be unlocked early through purchasing a downloadable content pack; the Custom Car Bundle 2 pack.
Need for Speed: World
Compared to the Lexus IS 350, it has worse handling and a lower top speed, but compensates these traits with a significantly stronger nitrous boost. It also has weak acceleration, comparable to that of the Toyota Corolla GT-S, but has excellent pursuit durability.
|Stock: 277 (D class)||Maximum: 587 (B class)|
- In the Japanese releases of Need for Speed: Underground 2 and Need for Speed: Carbon, the Lexus IS 300 is referred to as the Toyota Altezza despite having Lexus badging and North American specification side markers.
- In the PC release of Need for Speed: Underground 2, entering the cheat code "shinestreetbright" at the start screen will unlock a "Shine Street" IS 300.
- In Need for Speed: Carbon, the modified IS300 is fitted with a bodykit overlaid on top of the stock body.
- In Need for Speed: World, the bonnet camera of the IS 300 showed the interior of the car before being patched.
|IS||300 '02 · 350 '06 · F '08|
|LFA||Concept '07 · Coupé '10|
|Need for Speed: Underground 2 - Vehicles|
|Cars||Acura RSX* · Audi A3 · Audi TT · Ford Focus · Ford Mustang GT · Honda Civic Si* · Hyundai Tiburon GT · Infiniti G35 · Lexus IS 300 · Mazda MX-5 · Mazda RX-7 · Mazda RX-8 · Mitsubishi 3000GT · Mitsubishi Eclipse · Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII · Nissan 240SX · Nissan 350Z · Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V · Nissan Skyline GT-R · Peugeot 106** · Peugeot 206 · Pontiac GTO · Subaru Impreza WRX · Toyota Celica · Toyota Corolla · Toyota Supra · Vauxhall Corsa 1.8** · Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|SUV||Cadillac Escalade · Hummer H2 · Lincoln Navigator|
|Traffic||Bus · Civil Car · Fire Truck · Hatchback · Minivan · Pickup Truck · SUV · Taxi · Van|
|* NTSC release, ** PAL release|