The Lexus IS 300 (Toyota Altezza in Japan) is a mid-class four-door saloon/sedan from Lexus, which was offered with a 3.0L inline-six engine (2JZ-GE) and produced between 1999 and 2005 for the North American market.
The IS 300 was the fastest model of the XE10 series. For the Japanese market, the 3.0 litre inline-six was only available in Toyota branded Gita estate/wagon models.
Need for Speed: Underground 2
It has average performance and handling when compared to other cars unlocked in Stage 3.
|Unlock||Complete URL Race 5 in Stage 3|
|0 - 60 mph||0 - 100 mph||Top Speed||Torque||Power|
|Stock||7.10 seconds||18.13 seconds||139.0 mph (224 km/h)||217.1 ft-lb||214.3 bhp|
|Fully Upgraded||3.90 seconds||9.01 seconds||213.0 mph (343 km/h)||349.5 ft-lb||480.0 bhp|
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
The IS 300 appears in Need for Speed: Most Wanted with a price tag of 27,000 and is unlocked from the beginning of the career.
It has the best handling of all initial career cars, but lacks in terms of speed. It is still a good candidate for Junkman performance parts due to a low weight and its consequently great handling.
Need for Speed: Carbon
The custom blue IS 300 is unlocked for use in Quick Race upon the player reaching Online XP Level 1.
Top Speed 2.4
The custom red IS 300 is unlocked for use in Quick Race upon the player reaching Online XP Level 1.
Top Speed 2.4
Need for Speed: World
Compared to the Lexus IS 350, it has worse handling and a lower top speed, but compensates these traits with a significantly stronger nitrous boost. It also has weak acceleration, comparable to that of the Toyota Corolla GT-S, but has excellent pursuit durability.
The Yellow style is an Amerikon Speedsystems performance tuned speedboost car that costs 2500. It was initially made available on February 14, 2013 as a top-up gift, and was later made available in the car dealer on August 5, 2013.
The Treasure Hunter style is a treasure hunter car that costs 5600. It was released on August 14, 2012.
- The Lexus IS 300 is referred to as the Toyota Altezza in the Japanese releases of Need for Speed: Underground 2 and Need for Speed: Carbon.
- In the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases of Need for Speed: Carbon, it can only be driven in the bronze tier Canyon Duel event of the Challenge Series.
- Entering the cheat code "shinestreetbright" at the start screen in the PC release of Need for Speed: Underground 2 will unlock a Shine Street sponsored Lexus IS 300.
- In Need for Speed: Carbon, the modified IS300 is fitted with a bodykit overlaid on top of the stock body.
- In Need for Speed: World, the bonnet camera of the IS 300 showed the interior of the car before being patched.
|Need for Speed: Underground 2 - Vehicles|
|Cars||Acura RSX* · Audi A3 · Audi TT · Ford Focus · Ford Mustang GT · Honda Civic Si* · Hyundai Tiburon GT · Infiniti G35 · Lexus IS 300 · Mazda MX-5 · Mazda RX-7 · Mazda RX-8 · Mitsubishi 3000GT · Mitsubishi Eclipse · Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII · Nissan 240SX · Nissan 350Z · Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V · Nissan Skyline GT-R · Peugeot 106** · Peugeot 206 · Pontiac GTO · Subaru Impreza WRX · Toyota Celica · Toyota Corolla · Toyota Supra · Vauxhall Corsa 1.8** · Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|SUV||Cadillac Escalade · Hummer H2 · Lincoln Navigator|
|Traffic||Bus · Civil Car · Fire Truck · Hatchback · Minivan · Pickup Truck · SUV · Taxi · Van|
|* NTSC release, ** PAL release|