The NA is the first generation model of the MX-5 and underwent frequent model year changes throughout its production run. The 1996 model received a mild power increase for the 1.8 litre engine, although weight was also slightly increased.
The NA was replaced by the NB generation in 1999. The MX-5 is extremely popular in amateur motorsports and car culture scenes for having a capable chassis and being relatively affordable.
Need for Speed II
In the PC release, it can be driven by the player by typing "miata" at the main menu screen. In the Special Edition, the code is "go28".
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
It can be driven by the player in the PC release by typing "go01" when starting a race.
Need for Speed: High Stakes
The MX-5 appears in Need for Speed: High Stakes as a traffic vehicle that cannot be driven by the player.
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
The MX-5 appears in Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed as a traffic vehicle.
Need for Speed (2015)
The 1996 MX-5 can be purchased for 9,100 in Need for Speed (2015).
|0 - 60 mph||1/4 Mile||Top Speed||Power|
|Stock||07.86 seconds||16.29 seconds @ 90 mph (145 km/h)||122 mph (196 km/h)||128 hp|
|Fully Upgraded||02.29 seconds||09.36 seconds @ 161 mph (259 km/h)||229 mph (369 km/h)||707 hp|
Need for Speed: Payback
|Need for Speed: Payback - Statistics|
|Complete chapter 1 - Ignition.|
|0 - 60||8.70|
Need for Speed: Heat
The MX-5 appears in Need for Speed: Heat following an article, revealing it to be part of the game's official car list, was published on August 19, 2019, and appears in the NFS: Heat Studio app as part of container 1, which was included with the release of the app.
- In Need for Speed II, the MX-5 can randomly appear with several different body paint colours applied to it. However, in the PC releases of Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed: High Stakes, it only appears with white body paint.
- In Need for Speed (2015), the MX-5 has an incorrect licence plate slot from the North American Miata model.
- ↑ Website: needforspeed.com (2017) Under The Hood - Need for Speed: Payback Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/news/nfs-payback-car-list
- ↑ Article: ea.com (2019) Under the Hood: Need for Speed Heat Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/news/nfs-heat-car-list
- ↑ Article: gtplanet.net (2019) Need for Speed Heat Full Car List Revealed. Available at: https://www.gtplanet.net/need-for-speed-heat-car-list/
|Need for Speed II - Vehicles|
|Class C||Ferrari 355 F1* · Ford Mustang Mach III* · Italdesign Cala · Lotus Esprit V8|
|Class B||Ford Indigo · Italdesign Nazca C2* · Jaguar XJ220 · Isdera Commendatore 112i|
|Class A||Bomber BFS* · Ferrari F50 · FZR 2000* · Ford GT90 · Lotus Elise GT1 · McLaren F1 · Tombstone*|
|Traffic||Army Truck · Audi 100 quattro · BMW 5 Series (E34) · Citroën 2CV · Jeep Comanche · Jeep Wrangler · Lincoln Town Car Stretch Limousine · Mazda MX-5 (NA) · School Bus · Toyota Land Cruiser · Volkswagen 1600 · Volkswagen Beetle · Volkswagen Type 2 · Volvo 850|
|Hidden||Crate · Log · Monolithic Studios Bus · News Stand · Rock · Tram · T-Rex|
|* denotes Special Edition exclusive vehicles|
|Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - Vehicles|
|Class C||Aston Martin DB7 · Ford Falcon GT* · HSV GTS VT* · Jaguar XK8 · Jaguar XKR** · Mercedes SL600|
|Class B||Chevrolet Corvette · Chevrolet Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car*** · Ferrari 355 F1 · Ferrari 456 M GT*** · Lamborghini Countach · Spectre R42***|
|Class A||El Niño · Ferrari 550 Maranello · Italdesign Nazca C2** · Italdesign Scighera* · Jaguar XJR-15 · Lamborghini Diablo SV · Lister Storm*** · Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR|
|Pursuit||Pursuit Corvette · Pursuit Diablo · Pursuit El Niño* · Chevrolet Caprice** · Eagle Talon · Ford Crown Victoria · Ford Falcon EL* · Lamborghini LM002** · Land Rover Discovery|
|Traffic||Army Truck · Bus · Chevrolet Caprice Cab · Ford Mustang Convertible · Jeep Comanche · Jeep Grand Cherokee · Land Rover Discovery · Mazda MX-5 (NA) · Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda · Van · Volvo 850|
|Italics denote Australian release vehicles, * denotes PC exclusive vehicles, ** denotes PlayStation exclusive vehicles, *** denotes PC exclusive add-on vehicles|