The Mazda MX-5 (NA) (Miata in North America and Eunos Roadster in Japan) is a roadster built between 1989 and 1997 by Mazda.
The NA is the first generation model of the MX-5 and underwent frequent model year changes throughout its production run. The 1996 model received a mild power increase for the 1.8 litre engine, although weight was also slightly increased.
The NA was replaced by the NB generation in 1999. The MX-5 is extremely popular in amateur motorsports and car culture scenes for having a capable chassis and being relatively affordable.
Need for Speed II
- "mazme" in the PlayStation release
- "miata" in the PC release
- "go28" or "go36" in Need for Speed II: Special Edition
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
It can be driven by the player in the PC release by typing the cheat code "go01" when starting a race.
Need for Speed: High Stakes
The MX-5 appears in Need for Speed: High Stakes as a traffic vehicle. It can be driven by the player in the PC release by typing the cheat code "tr09" upon earning the gold trophy for all Career events.
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
The MX-5 appears in Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed as a traffic vehicle and cannot be driven by the player.
Need for Speed (2015)
The 1996 MX-5 can be purchased for 9,100 in Need for Speed (2015).
|0 - 60 mph||1/4 Mile||Top Speed||Power|
|Stock||07.86 seconds||16.29 seconds @ 90 mph (145 km/h)||122 mph (196 km/h)||128 hp|
|Fully Upgraded||02.29 seconds||09.36 seconds @ 161 mph (259 km/h)||229 mph (369 km/h)||707 hp|
Need for Speed: Payback
|Complete chapter 1 - Ignition.|
|Top Speed 122|
|0 - 60 8.70|
|1/4 Mile 16.67|
|N2O Capacity 4.0|
|N2O Power 4.0|
Need for Speed: Heat
The MX-5 '96 appears in Need for Speed: Heat following an article published on August 19, 2019, revealing it to be part of the game's official car list, and appears in the NFS: Heat Studio app as part of container 1, which was included with the release of the app.
The stock MX-5 '96 is unlocked for purchase from the car dealer for 31,000 upon reaching Reputation Level 20.
It has a customisation rating of eight and can be equipped with performance parts.
HIGH SPEED 1.0
HORSEPOWER [bhp] 128
0-60 MPH [s] 8.70
MAX TORQUE [ft-lb] 112
TOP SPEED [mph] 122
|Customisation (Rating: 8/10)|
Engine Swaps (7 Available)
- In Need for Speed II, the MX-5 can randomly appear with several different body paint colours applied to it. However, in the PC releases of Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed: High Stakes, it only appears with white body paint.
- In Need for Speed (2015), the MX-5 has an incorrect licence plate slot from the North American Miata model.
- Website: needforspeed.com (2017) Under The Hood - Need for Speed: Payback Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/news/nfs-payback-car-list
- Article: ea.com (2019) Under the Hood: Need for Speed Heat Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/news/nfs-heat-car-list
- Article: gtplanet.net (2019) Need for Speed Heat Full Car List Revealed. Available at: https://www.gtplanet.net/need-for-speed-heat-car-list/
|Need for Speed II - Vehicles|
|Class C||Ferrari 355 F1* · Ford Mustang Mach III* · Italdesign Calà · Lotus Esprit V8|
|Class B||Ford Indigo · Italdesign Nazca C2* · Jaguar XJ220 · Isdera Commendatore 112i|
|Class A||Ferrari F50 · Ford GT90 · Lotus Elise GT1 · McLaren F1|
|Bonus||Bomber BFS* · FZR 2000* · Tombstone*|
|Traffic||Audi 100 quattro · BMW 5 Series (E34) · Citroën 2CV · GMC B-Series School Bus · Jeep Comanche · Jeep Wrangler YJ · Kenworth T-600 Semi Truck · Lincoln Town Car Stretch Limousine · Mazda Miata · Mercedes SL 500 · Mercedes Unimog · Monolithic Studios Tram · Toyota Land Cruiser · Volkswagen 1600 Fastback · Volkswagen Bug · Volkswagen Vanagon · Volvo 850|
|Secret||Aircraft · Beer* · Box · Cart · Crate · Log · Outhouse · Ruin* · SkyTrain · Souvenir Stand · Spinner · T-Rex · UFO · Wagon|
|*Special Edition exclusive|