The NA is the first generation model of the MX-5 and underwent frequent model year changes throughout its production run. The 1996 model received a mild power increase for the 1.8 litre engine, although weight was also slightly increased.
The NA was replaced by the NB generation in 1999. The MX-5 is extremely popular in amateur motorsports and car culture scenes for having a capable chassis and being relatively affordable.
Need for Speed II
It can be driven by the player upon entering a cheat code;
- mazme in the PlayStation release
- miata in the PC release
- go28 or go36 in the Special Edition
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
It can be driven by the player in the PC release by typing "go01" when starting a race.
Need for Speed: High Stakes
The MX-5 appears in Need for Speed: High Stakes as a traffic vehicle that cannot be driven by the player.
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
The MX-5 appears in Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed as a traffic vehicle.
Need for Speed (2015)
The 1996 MX-5 can be purchased for 9,100 in Need for Speed (2015).
|0 - 60 mph||1/4 Mile||Top Speed||Power|
|Stock||07.86 seconds||16.29 seconds @ 90 mph (145 km/h)||122 mph (196 km/h)||128 hp|
|Fully Upgraded||02.29 seconds||09.36 seconds @ 161 mph (259 km/h)||229 mph (369 km/h)||707 hp|
Need for Speed: Payback
|Complete chapter 1 - Ignition.|
|Top Speed 122|
|0 - 60 8.70|
|1/4 Mile 16.67|
|N2O Capacity 4.0|
|N2O Power 4.0|
Need for Speed: Heat
The MX-5 appears in Need for Speed: Heat following an article, revealing it to be part of the game's official car list, was published on August 19, 2019, and appears in the NFS: Heat Studio app as part of container 1, which was included with the release of the app.
The stock MX-5 can be unlocked in Need for Speed: Heat upon reaching reputation level 20.
- In Need for Speed II, the MX-5 can randomly appear with several different body paint colours applied to it. However, in the PC releases of Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed: High Stakes, it only appears with white body paint.
- In Need for Speed (2015), the MX-5 has an incorrect licence plate slot from the North American Miata model.
- ↑ Website: needforspeed.com (2017) Under The Hood - Need for Speed: Payback Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/news/nfs-payback-car-list
- ↑ Article: ea.com (2019) Under the Hood: Need for Speed Heat Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/news/nfs-heat-car-list
- ↑ Article: gtplanet.net (2019) Need for Speed Heat Full Car List Revealed. Available at: https://www.gtplanet.net/need-for-speed-heat-car-list/
|Need for Speed II - Vehicles|
|Class C||Ferrari 355 F1* · Ford Mustang Mach III* · Italdesign Calà · Lotus Esprit V8|
|Class B||Ford Indigo · Italdesign Nazca C2* · Jaguar XJ220 · Isdera Commendatore 112i|
|Class A||Ferrari F50 · Ford GT90 · Lotus Elise GT1 · McLaren F1|
|Bonus||Bomber BFS* · FZR 2000* · Tombstone*|
|Traffic||Audi 100 quattro · BMW 5 Series (E34) · Citroën 2CV · GMC B-Series School Bus · Jeep Comanche · Jeep Wrangler · Kenworth T-600 Semi Truck · Lincoln Town Car Stretch Limousine · Mazda MX-5 (NA) · Mercedes SL 500 · Mercedes Unimog · Toyota Land Cruiser · Volkswagen 1600 Fastback · Volkswagen Bug · Volkswagen Type 2 (T3) · Volvo 850|
|Hidden||Crate · Log · Monolithic Studios Bus · News Stand · Rock · Tram · T-Rex|
|* denotes Special Edition exclusive vehicles|