The Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR is a racing car developed by the performance and motorsport division; Mercedes-AMG. Mercedes-Benz only created 25 road going examples between 1998 to 1999 that retains the instrumentation, front design, and four headlamps from the standard production CLK.
It competed in the 1997 FIA GT championship season, which necessitated production of a derivative road model. The racing model was replaced by the V8 powered CLK LM in 1998.
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
It is one of the fastest cars due to its well-rounded performance comprising of precise handling, strong acceleration, and a high top speed.
Need for Speed: High Stakes
The CLK-GTR appears in Need for Speed: High Stakes as a class AAA car and can be purchased for $500,000 in the career mode. It cannot be used in Hot Pursuit mode.
It has similar performance traits as it has in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. It can hit a higher top speed than the McLaren F1 GTR at the expense of slower cornering speeds.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
The CLK-GTR appears in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 as a class 1 vehicle in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases; and as a class A vehicle in the PlayStation 2 release.
The stock CLK-GTR is unlocked by earning 85,000 NFS Points in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases. It can be unlocked in the PlayStation 2 release by completing a clean eight lap race in Single Race mode at Advanced difficulty.
Need for Speed Edition
The Need for Speed Edition CLK-GTR is unlocked by earning 170,000 NFS Points in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases. It is unlocked in the PlayStation 2 releases upon earning 4,500,000 NFS Points.
- The CLK-GTR resembles the road model in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.
- The CLK-GTR, at some point during development, could be modified with upgrades in the PlayStation release of Need for Speed: High Stakes, along with the McLaren F1 GTR. Even though the player can not modify it, A.I. opponents will appear with the upgrade when selected with another vehicle fully upgraded.
- Car Showcase Stats (Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit)
- Car Description (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2)
- Web Link: https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSite/en/instance/picture.xhtml?oid=7426919
- Web Link: Cars of Supercar’s Past: The Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR
|Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 - Vehicles|
|Racer||Aston Martin V12 Vanquish · BMW M5 · BMW Z8 · Chevrolet Corvette Z06 · Dodge Viper GTS · Ferrari 360 Modena** · Ferrari 360 Spider · Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pininfarina · Ferrari F50 · Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R · Ford TS50 · HSV Coupé GTS · Jaguar XKR · Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT · Lamborghini Murciélago · Lotus Elise · McLaren F1 · McLaren F1 LM · Mercedes-Benz CL 55 AMG · Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR · Opel Speedster · Porsche 911 Turbo · Porsche Carrera GT Concept · Vauxhall VX220|
|Pursuit||BMW M5 · Chevrolet Corvette Z06 · Dodge Viper GTS* · Ford Crown Victoria · Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R · Ford TS50* · HSV Coupé GTS* · Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT* · Lamborghini Murciélago · Porsche 911 Turbo*|
|Traffic||Ambulance · Box Truck · Bus · Coupe · Fire Truck · Hatchback · Minivan · Pickup Truck · Sedan · SUV · Taxi · Van|
|*GameCube/PC/Xbox exclusive, **PlayStation 2 exclusive|