Bounty in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered is a form of progression used towards the player's level as either a cop or as a racer.
As a form of player progression, bounty can be earned in either the single-player career or in multiplayer, as any and all bounty earned contributes to the player's amount of bounty earned in a faction.
It can be earned through the player's driving ability, their finishing position for events, and through Autolog.
Earning bounty will unlock additional cars for use across the career and in online multiplayer.
Additional bounty can be earned by completing Milestones, which reward bounty upon reaching various stages towards the completion of each milestone. The milestones offered include both faction specific and general gameplay goals.
Bounty can be earned through multitude actions:
- Damaging a player vehicle
- Performing a Takedown
- Busting a racer
- Gaining racer lead positions
- Performing close calls
- Reaching the top speed of a vehicle
- Evading EMPs, Helicopters, spike strips or road blocks
- Successfully activating Turbo with no collisions
- Taking shortcuts
- Driving in the oncoming lane
- Completing events
- First position - 8,000 to 12,000 bounty
- Second position - 5,000 to 7,000 bounty
- Third position - 1,000 to 4,500 bounty
- Beating Autolog recommendations
A player's racer bounty contributes towards their Wanted Level for the Seacrest County Police Department.