Parts can be acquired from Speed Cards which can be purchased from Tune-Up-Shops. They are also awarded for completing events, opening Shipments (), and from a roll through the Trade-In section of a Tune-Up-Shop using Part Tokens ().
- Rating (2); a quality value with 1 being the lowest and 18 being the highest.
- Part (); Head, Block, ECU, Turbo, Exhaust, or Transmission.
- Brand (); Americana, Carbon, Chidori, Nextech, or Outlaw.
- Perks (); Acceleration, Brakes, Jump, Nitrous, or Speed.
Owned performance parts are retained on a per vehicle basis and cannot be exchanged between vehicles. They can, however, be sold for Bank () at any player owned garage or Tune-Up-Shop, or can be traded in for Part Tokens () at a player owned garage or Tune-Up-Shop.
Each vehicle has six parts that can be swapped and upgraded with better performing parts. Higher rated parts offer greater improvements to a vehicle's horsepower and top speed ratings within Speed, as well as the 0 - 60 mph and 1/4 mile times within Acceleration.
Brands of parts can be collected and equipped to the same vehicle to create additional performance perks.
There are five brands available and each can be matched together to create a Brand Bonus that offers a performance rating improvement to specific categories per brand. Matching can be done with either six parts by a single brand or six parts with three of each by two different brands.
- A 3x Brand Bonus adds nearly a single perk's worth of improvements to brand specific ratings without requiring any free perk slots per category.
- A 6x Brand Bonus adds two and a half perks' worth of improvements to brand specific ratings without requiring any free perk slots per category.
StockDealerships or earned through career progression.
They are shown with grey Speed Cards that can be purchased from Tune-Up-Shops, but while they can offer perks, they can not be matched for a Brand Bonus.
They can be matched together for a Brand Bonus increase in Nitrous and Air ratings.
They can be matched together for a Brand Bonus increase in Acceleration and Air ratings.
They can be matched together for a Brand Bonus increase in Acceleration and Brakes ratings.
They can be matched together for a Brand Bonus increase in Speed and Brakes ratings.
They can be matched together for a Brand Bonus increase in Speed and Nitrous ratings.
Each performance rating category has 6 nodes around its icon that represent the number of active perks. Each rating can only have a maximum of six total perks applied to its category. A performance perk on a Speed Card requires a single node and a Brand Bonus perk also requires a single node.