Crew Members can be recruited in Need for Speed Carbon: Own The City to the join the player's crew with up to five total members. They are distinguished by role and speciality, which grants the player various bonuses.
During the career, the player is introduced to Sara and Carter, and demonstrate the various roles that crew members function during events. Crew members can be used in every career mode and Quick Race event, but they are not available in some certain races and Lap Knockout events.
At the beginning, when the player first chooses their car and forms their crew, they can only have one wingman of their choice. As the player progresses throughout the career, and more crew members become available, they can select two wingmen in certain events.
A role is highlights a crew members abilities and function within events.
- Brawler - Take out a targeted opponent vehicle by ramming or forcing them to stop. Only one rival can be blocked at a time.
- Drafter - Produces a slipstream that the player can drive behind to gain speed.
- Assassin - Take out a targeted opponent vehicle by deploying a spike strip in front of them.
A specialty associated with a crew member provides a bonus to the player's crew.
- Fixer - Additional rewards for events that the player participates in.
- Mechanic - Improved vehicle performance during events that the player participates in.
|Carter||Brawler||-||Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX||Unlocked from the beginning.|
|Dylan||Drafter||-||Chevrolet Cobalt SS||Unlocked from the beginning.|
|Marcus||Brawler||Fixer||Nissan 240SX||Defeat Marcus.|
|Kita||Assassin||-||Volkswagen Golf GTI||Defeat Marcus.|
|Crunch||Brawler||-||Chevrolet Cobalt SS||Defeat Striker & Berserkers Crew.|
|Arjen||Drafter||Mechanic||Mazda Mazdaspeed3||Defeat Striker & Berserkers Crew.|
|Sly||Drafter||-||Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX||Defeat Sly.|
|Juice||Assassin||Mechanic||Nissan 240SX||Defeat Poorboy & Eastsiders Crew.|
|West||Brawler||-||Mazda Mazdaspeed3||Defeat Poorboy & Eastsiders Crew.|
|Layla 1||Assassin||-||Mazda RX-8||Defeat Syrens Crew.|
|Layla 2||Drafter||Fixer||Toyota MR2||Defeat Syrens Crew.|
|Steve||Assassin||-||1967 Ford Mustang||Defeat Steve.|
|Buckster||Brawler||-||Nissan 350Z||Defeat Steve.|
|Pip||Drafter||-||Nissan Skyline GT-R||Defeat Buddy & Megas Crew.|
|Turtle||Brawler||Mechanic||Mazda RX-8||Defeat Buddy & Megas Crew.|
|Daemon||Assassin||Fixer||Nissan 350Z||Defeat MK & The Corps Crew.|
|Jenna||Drafter||-||Mazda RX-7||Defeat MK & The Corps Crew.|
|Clutch||Assassin||-||Chevrolet Corvette Z06||Defeat Clutch.|
- Unlike in Need for Speed: Carbon, the player will lose an event if a crew member wins.
- During the first chapter of the career, players are restricted to using Carter (or Kita) as their only crew member.
- Brawlers are less effective if they are unable to keep pace with the player.
- All crew member cars can only be visually altered.