Need for Speed II: Special Edition is a late 1997 and early 1998 retail re-release of Need for Speed II for PC that includes several improvements over the early 1997 PC release.
It introduced support for 3Dfx Voodoo graphics cards and additional gameplay content.
- Need for Speed II
- One additional course
- Last Resort - Based on Central and South American themes including a coast, a rain forest, a volcano, and step pyramids.
- Two additional course options
- Three additional cars
- An early bonus car unlock
- Ford Indigo - Class B
- Three unlockable bonus cars
- An additional racing style
- "Wild" style
- 3Dfx support
- Graphical improvements and weather effects, although cockpit view is only available in software renderer mode.