Need for Speed II: Special Edition is a late 1997 and early 1998 retail re-release of Need for Speed II for PC that includes several improvements over the early 1997 PC release.
It introduced support for 3Dfx Voodoo graphics cards as well as additional gameplay content.
- Need for Speed II
- One additional course
- Last Resort - Based on Mexican themes including a coast, a rain forest, a volcano, and step pyramids.
- Two additional course options
- Three additional cars
- An early bonus car unlock
- Ford Indigo - Class B
- Three unlockable bonus cars
- An additional racing style
- "Wild" style
- 3dfx support
- Graphical improvements and weather effects
- The cockpit perspective is not available in 3dfx rendering mode, and is only available in the game's software renderer mode.