For this generation, Nissan replaced the VG engine lineup of the 300ZX with a single 3.5 litre VQ35DE V6 engine. The styling of the 350Z was influenced by the Datsun 240Z.
In September 2005, the 350Z received a minor facelift.
- 1 Games
- 1.1 Need for Speed: Underground
- 1.2 Need for Speed: Underground 2
- 1.3 Need for Speed: Underground Rivals
- 1.4 Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- 1.5 Need for Speed: Carbon
- 1.6 Need for Speed: Undercover
- 1.7 Need for Speed: World
- 1.8 Need for Speed: Heat
- 2 Trivia
- 3 Gallery
- 4 References
Need for Speed: Underground
A variant with a promotional Rob Zombie paint job is unlocked upon collecting 1,110,500 style points. In the last event of Underground Mode, the player must race against Melissa in her 350Z which can be unlocked for Quick Race upon collecting 2,500,000 style points.
The 350Z can be driven in the PC demo of Need for Speed: Underground with a total of six available variants that can be selected.
Need for Speed: Underground 2
The 350Z appears in Need for Speed: Underground 2 after Rachel lends her modified 350Z to the player for a short time at the beginning of the game. The stock version of the car is unlocked upon winning URL race 9 during stage 4 of the career mode.
The 350Z is featured with quick acceleration and a high top speed but also prone to fishtailing under hard cornering. With maxed out performance, the 350Z is one of the few cars in the game that are capable of going faster than 220 mph (354 km/h).
|Unlock||Complete URL Race 9 in Stage 4|
|0 - 60 mph||0 - 100 mph||Top Speed||Torque||Power|
|Stock||6.16 seconds||13.94 seconds||155.0 mph (249 km/h)||272.7 ft-lb||287.1 bhp|
|Fully Upgraded||3.76 seconds||7.96 seconds||222.0 mph (357 km/h)||415.7 ft-lb||523.9 bhp|
The 350Z can be driven in the PC demo of Need for Speed: Underground 2 with a total of four available variants that can be selected.
Need for Speed: Underground Rivals
The 350Z appears in Need for Speed: Underground Rivals with a price tag of $54,000 and can be unlocked after winning 89 events.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
The 350Z can be found in the game files of Need for Speed: Most Wanted, although only vinyls, performance parts, and police radio chatter dedicated to the car are included. In the PlayStation 2 demo release, a manufacturer and model logo can be found.
Need for Speed: Carbon
- Exotic Career - Win the Circuit Race in Starlight Strip.
- Muscle Career - Win the Checkpoint event of the Canmor Downs territory in Silverton.
- Tuner Career - Take over the Diamond Hills territory.
Itis the cheapest Tier 3 car, besides the Infiniti G35, but is faster overall. It is useful on bendy routes, but nitrous for decent straight-line performance.
Need for Speed: Undercover
The 350Z appears in the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases of Need for Speed: Undercover with a price tag of $40,000. It is unlocked with a higher progression in the career mode.
Need for Speed: World
Most notable trait of it is its acceleration and its decent nitrous speed boost. There are some handling issues because of it heavy steering before May 1, 2012, which was greatly improved with more reactive steering. Understeer at high speed is still perceptible but occurs less frequently than before.
It is best used in high-speed tracks, where its acceleration can be used effectively.
|The Grey style is an Amerikon Speedsystems performance tuned speedboost car that costed 2300. It was made available on January 18t, 2011.
|The White style is a rotationally available stock cash car that costed 600,000. It was made available on November 16, 2010.
Before August 22, 2012, it could only be purchased if the player was at Driver Level 15 or above and cost 130,000.
|The Rima style is a rental car that can be leased for 150. It was made available on July 27, 2010.
|The Rima style is a previously rental only car that can be purchased for 300,000. It was made available on June 1, 2015 as part of the End of the World event.
|The Underground 2 style is an NFS Classic car that costs 2600. It was initially released on February 1, 2011.
It was initially released as a rental car that can be leased for 150. It was later made available for purchase with SpeedBoost on March 2, 2011, with a it later being offered for purchase with ingame cash on July 26, 2011.
Before August 22, 2012, it could only be purchased if the player was at Driver Level 22 or above and costed 300,000.
It is fitted with tuned quality Gromlen performance parts, 2-star Skill Mods, and a selection of aftermarket parts. It was based on the box art variation of Rachel Teller's Nissan 350Z featured in Need for Speed: Underground 2.
Need for Speed: Heat
The 350Z Z33 Legends Edition '03 is unlocked for purchase from the car dealer upon completing all drift Driver Story missions.
It is gifted to the player upon completing "Wayne's Last Wonder" and is made available for purchase from the dealership for 51,000. It can not be visually customised in any manner, but can be equipped with performance parts.
- In the PC release of Need for Speed: Underground, players may enter the cheat code 350350z after entering the Statistics menu and pressing the delete button. This will unlock the 350Z for Quick Race play. Entering the cheat code gotcharobzombie will unlock the Rob Zombie variant.
- Rachel's 350Z is featured on the box art for Need for Speed: Underground 2.
- Rachel's 350Z is featured with a unique gold vinyl in the Japan-exclusive Need for Speed: Underground 2 Sha-Do release.
- In Need for Speed: Heat, the 350Z Legends Edition is naturally aspirated but is based on a character's car that was turbocharged in Need for Speed: Underground 2.
- Article: ea.com (2019) Under the Hood: Need for Speed Heat Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/news/nfs-heat-car-list
- Article: gtplanet.net (2019) Need for Speed Heat Full Car List Revealed. Available at: https://www.gtplanet.net/need-for-speed-heat-car-list/
|Need for Speed: Underground 2 - Vehicles|
|Cars||Acura RSX* · Audi A3 · Audi TT · Ford Focus · Ford Mustang GT · Honda Civic Si* · Hyundai Tiburon GT · Infiniti G35 · Lexus IS 300 · Mazda Miata · Mazda RX-7 · Mazda RX-8 · Mitsubishi 3000GT · Mitsubishi Eclipse · Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII · Nissan 240SX · Nissan 350Z · Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V · Nissan Skyline GT-R · Peugeot 106** · Peugeot 206 · Pontiac GTO · Subaru Impreza WRX · Toyota Celica · Toyota Corolla · Toyota Supra · Vauxhall Corsa 1.8** · Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|SUV||Cadillac Escalade · Hummer H2 · Lincoln Navigator|
|Traffic||Bus · Civil Car · Hatchback · Minivan · Pickup Truck · SUV · Taxi · Van|
|* NTSC release, ** PAL release|
|Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Cut Content|
|Cars||Ambulance · BMW M3 (E46) · Camper · Multipoint · Nissan 350Z|