There are two models of the Civic Cruiser; the standard issue model fitted with a full police package and the unmarked Undercover Cruiser.
The unit is fairly light and flimsy resulting in an ineffective means of pursuit against high durability vehicles.
The power mixed with torque produced by the engine can become too excessive at low speeds and result in very little grip.
Officers driving Civic Patrol units are trained in the following advanced driving techniques: Box, Herd, PIT, Roadblock, and Rolling Roadblocks. An excessively damaged or disabled unit adds a $3,000 cost to the state as well as $250 Bounty to the rap sheet of the suspect.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
An RPD Civic Cruiser is offered in the Challenge Series and can be driven in a Spikestrips event:
It can not be unlocked for use in any events or game modes outside of its Challenge Series event.
Challenge Series vehicle
Top Speed 5.4
Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0
The Civic Cruiser appears in Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 as a police vehicle.
The Civic Cruiser can be driven during the early stages of the Tuner Takedown game mode.
Need for Speed: Carbon
The custom Palmont PD1 is unlocked for use in Quick Race upon the player completing the "Police Civic Cruiser" Reward Card:
- 1/4 Mile: Play 5 Sprint Races
- 85 Tracks: Unlock 85 Quick Races
- Arcade Level 2: Play 10 Quick Races
- 50K Bounty: Get a Bounty of 50,000 in pursuit while in Career Freeroam
Top Speed 6.4
Need for Speed Carbon: Own The City
The Civic Cruiser appears in Need for Speed Carbon: Own The City as a police vehicle.
Need for Speed: Undercover
Cops and Robbers
The Civic Cruiser can be driven by players on the Cops team during multiplayer Cops and Robbers events, but only against a racer team using tier 2 cars.
Need for Speed: World
The Civic Cruiser appears in the game files of Need for Speed: World, but the Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee Civic Cruiser is instead utilised by the Palmont Police Department in a pursuit at condition 1, also known as Heat Level 1.
- The design of the fictional Civic Cruiser takes cues from the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, the 2002 Ford Police Interceptor Concept car, and the 4th generation Chevrolet Caprice.
- A pre-release image for Need for Speed: Most Wanted highlights a white Civic Cruiser with "Chitaqua Peaks" written across its front doors.
- Pre-release screenshots of Need for Speed: Most Wanted show the Civic Cruiser with a similar appearance to the Ford Crown Victoria. The same vehicle can be seen in the PlayStation 2 demo of Need for Speed: Most Wanted and in the released game's pre-rendered cutscenes.
- Pre-release screenshots of Need for Speed: Undercover show the Civic Cruiser from the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 releases with the same livery applied to the Civic Cruiser in the PlayStation 2 and Wii releases of the game.
- A higher quality Civic Cruiser appears during busted cutscenes in place of the gameplay specific Civic Cruiser.
- The cutscene variant of the Civic Cruiser in the PlayStation 2 and Wii releases of Need for Speed: Undercover has Palmont Police Department markings instead of the Tri-City Bay Police Department.
- The cutscene variant mesh can be found in Need for Speed: World, but the content associated with the mesh degenerated as later builds were released.
- Article: caranddriver.com (2002) Ford Police Interceptor Concept - 2002 New York International Auto Show. Available at: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15137872/ford-police-interceptor-concept-auto-shows/