The Porsche 911 Carrera S (993) is a sports car built between 1997 and 1998 by Porsche.
The 993 Carrera S was produced as a rear-wheel drive alternative to the Carrera 4S, which shared a high number of components with the Turbo model. The Carrera S was produced with the standard equipment and body of the 4S but used a different suspension and brakes.
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
The '97 993 Carrera S appears in Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed as a class 2 vehicle in the Modern Era category, and can be purchased as new for 137,500 credits.
Need for Speed (2015)
The 993 Carrera S can be purchased for 45,400 in Need for Speed (2015).
|0 - 60 mph||1/4 Mile||Top Speed||Power|
|Stock||05.79 seconds||14.20 seconds @ 105 mph (169 km/h)||168 mph (270 km/h)||272 hp|
|Fully Upgraded||02.26 seconds||09.23 seconds @ 163 mph (262 km/h)||225 mph (362 km/h)||996 hp|
Need for Speed: Payback
|It is unlocked for purchase from the drift, race, and runner class dealerships upon completing a questline in chapter 3 - City Lights.
Need for Speed: Heat
The 911 Carrera S '97 appears in Need for Speed: Heat following its brief appearance in the official reveal trailer, which was released on August 14, 2019. An article, revealing it to be part of the game's official car list, was published on August 19, 2019, and appears in the NFS: Heat Studio app as part of container 9, which was released on October 15, 2019.
The stock 911 Carrera S '97 is unlocked for purchase from the car dealer for 94,000 upon reaching Reputation Level 18.
It has a customisation rating of five and can be equipped with performance parts.
HIGH SPEED 2.1
HORSEPOWER [bhp] 282
0-60 MPH [s] 5.20
MAX TORQUE [ft-lb] 252
TOP SPEED [mph] 171
|Customisation (Rating: 5/10)|
Engine Swaps (8 Available)
282 hp 3.6L F6
[hp] 282 / 936
306 hp 3.5L V6
[hp] 306 / 913
282 hp 4.0L I6
[hp] 282 / 1,017
345 hp 4.0L V8
[hp] 345 / 1,009
394 hp 3.8L F6
[hp] 394 / 802
503 hp 2.9L V6
[hp] 503 / 905
577 hp 4.0L V8
[hp] 577 / 1,033
599 hp 3.8L F6
[hp] 599 / 1,069
Lucas Rivera drives a custom red 911 Carrera S '97, and it cannot be unlocked.
- The 911 Carrera S can be customised with 911 GT2 (993) parts, such as spoiler and engine lid in the PC release of Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed, as well as various body panels in Need for Speed (2015), Need for Speed: Payback, and Need for Speed: Heat.
- Video: Need for Speed (2017) Need for Speed Payback Welcome to Fortune Valley. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dHSzsSDnvs
- Video: Need for Speed (2019) Need for Speed™ Heat Official Reveal Trailer. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ewiJJe_nYI
- Article: ea.com (2019) Under the Hood: Need for Speed Heat Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/news/nfs-heat-car-list
- Article: gtplanet.net (2019) Need for Speed Heat Full Car List Revealed. Available at: https://www.gtplanet.net/need-for-speed-heat-car-list/