Its 4.6L V8 produces 608 bhp which is aided by two electric motors; one in the front producing 129 bhp and one in the rear producing 149 bhp. The car can be powered by both the electric motors and the V8, V8 only, or exclusively by electric motors.
In electric-only mode, it is capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph in 7 seconds with a top speed of 93 mph (150 km/h) and can travel 18 miles.
The production of the 918 Spyder began on September 18, 2013 under a limited run of 918 units. The last unit was sold out in November 2014 and the final 918 Spyder rolled off the production line in June 2015.
The optional Weissach Package was offered to buyers to deliver a more track-focused experience, including a weight reduction of 41 kg.
Need for Speed: Rivals
The 918 Spyder appears in Need for Speed: Rivals as a racer vehicle.
It is unlocked for the racer faction upon the player completing any of the SpeedLists offered at rank 14. Once unlocked, it can be purchased for 177,500 .
|Racer Rank 14||3||Tech Level 3||177,500|
| Top Speed 7.6 9.1
|| Accel 7.8 8.8
|| Control 8.0 8.7
|| Strength 4.2 5.2
|| Durability 3.8 6.3|
Need for Speed: No Limits
The 918 Spyder appears in Need for Speed: No Limits as part of the Devil's Run: Alpine Storm update in the "Devil's Run: Alpine Storm" event that took place from June 30, 2017 to July 4, 2017.
- "Devil's Run: Alpine Storm" event
|x60 Legendary Blueprints||8538||11027||11250||1031|
Need for Speed: Payback
The 918 Spyder appears in Need for Speed: Payback following its appearance in an off-road race gameplay video released on September 1, 2017, and is printed onto the interior of a limited steelbook release of the game in Germany.
|Unlocked in chapter 5 - High Stakes.|
|Top Speed 214|
|0 - 60 2.50|
|1/4 Mile 9.83|
|N2O Capacity 2.4|
|N2O Power 2.4|
Need for Speed: Edge
The 918 Spyder appears in Need for Speed: Edge.
Need for Speed: Heat
The 918 Spyder '15 appears in Need for Speed: Heat following an article published on August 19, 2019, revealing it to be part of the game's official car list, and appears in the NFS: Heat Studio app as a secret car that's part of container 10, which was released on October 22, 2019.
The stock 918 Spyder '15 is unlocked for purchase from the car dealer for 591,500 upon reaching Reputation Level 36.
It has a customisation rating of four and can be equipped with performance parts.
HIGH SPEED 4.3
HORSEPOWER [bhp] 868
0-60 MPH [s] 2.50
MAX TORQUE [ft-lb] 635
TOP SPEED [mph] 214
|Customisation (Rating: 4/10)|
- Video: StraightUpHippo (2017) Need for Speed Payback - All Hypercars Confirmed So Far (5 Cars Total). Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAiIFaCmX44
- Store: Amazon.de (2017) Need for Speed - Payback - Steelbook Edition. Available at: https://www.amazon.de/Need-Speed-Payback-Steelbook-Amazon/dp/B074YFKFXW. Image: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Ob7CcAPML.jpg
- Article: ea.com (2019) Under the Hood: Need for Speed Heat Car List. Available at: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/news/nfs-heat-car-list
- Article: gtplanet.net (2019) Need for Speed Heat Full Car List Revealed. Available at: https://www.gtplanet.net/need-for-speed-heat-car-list/