The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
The Taxi is a traffic car seen in multiple Need for Speed installments.
- The Chevrolet Caprice in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit appears as a taxi cab. There are some visual differences between the PC and PlayStation releases.
- The Taxi Cab in the PlayStation release of Need for Speed: High Stakes was reimported from the PlayStation release of Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. It is only seen in Route Adonf.
- In the EA Canada release of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, the Taxi can be seen in either a grey, blue, green or a traditional yellow colour scheme. The car is depicted to be based on the Sedan.
- The Taxi in the Underground series shares the same body with the 2000 to 2005 Chevrolet Impala based sedan. Underground 2 also features a second taxi model, which is based on the Audi A4 (B5).
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Need for Speed: Carbon, and Need for Speed: World feature the Taxi as a mimicry of the 1998 to 2005 Lexus IS.
- The Taxi in Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City looks similar to the 1992 to 1997 Ford Crown Victoria.
- Overall, two variants of the taxi cab are featured in Need for Speed: Undercover. The PlayStation Portable release of the game feature a model based on the 1991 to 1996 Chevrolet Caprice. The second variant, which is based on the Taxi, featured in Burnout Paradise, appears in the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 releases. The same model is featured in PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases, but with less geometry detail.
- The Ford Crown Victoria appears as a New York City Taxi Cab in Need for Speed: The Run.
- The Dodge Grand Caravan appears as a Fairhaven City Taxi Cab in Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012).
- The Taxi in Need for Speed: Most Wanted can be driven by the player in a tollbooth race in Challenge Series event #47.
- A driveable variant of the taxi cab in Need for Speed: The Run can be unlocked as a rare bonus wheel reward. It is known in the game as "Super Taxi" Signature Edition. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 is also a "Super Taxi" variant and is also unlockable through the bonus wheel.
- A white unused taxi variant of the Dodge Charger SRT-8 can be found in the files of Need for Speed: The Run.
- In Need for Speed: World, the side of every taxi says "NFS TAXI SERVICE".
- The Taxi in Most Wanted (2012) has a writing that says "Who You Gonna Call?" below the large "TAXI" writing on the roof sign, side and bonnet. This is a reference to the famous Ghostbusters catchphrase.
|Need for Speed: Underground 2 - Vehicles|
|Cars||Acura RSX* · Audi A3 · Audi TT · Ford Focus · Ford Mustang GT · Honda Civic Si* · Hyundai Tiburon GT · Infiniti G35 · Lexus IS 300 · Mazda Miata · Mazda RX-7 · Mazda RX-8 · Mitsubishi 3000GT · Mitsubishi Eclipse · Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII · Nissan 240SX · Nissan 350Z · Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V · Nissan Skyline GT-R · Peugeot 106** · Peugeot 206 · Pontiac GTO · Subaru Impreza WRX · Toyota Celica · Toyota Corolla · Toyota Supra · Vauxhall Corsa 1.8** · Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|SUV||Cadillac Escalade · Hummer H2 · Lincoln Navigator|
|Traffic||Bus · Civil Car · Hatchback · Minivan · Pickup Truck · SUV · Taxi · Van|
|* NTSC release, ** PAL release|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.