The Truck is a traffic vehicle that appears in multiple Need for Speed installments. It is featured in various body styles in the series.
- The Box Truck in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed: High Stakes resembles the Chevrolet G30.
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 was the third game in the series to include the Box Truck. It bears a similar appearance to the Union City Step-Van.
- Need for Speed: Underground and Need for Speed: Underground 2's variant of the Box Truck is based on the design of the Chevrolet Step-Van. A graffiti vandalised variant can be seen in one of the trailers for Need for Speed: Underground 2.
- The Box Truck featured in the Underground series has two different liveries in the game files of both titles, but only one of them is used.
- A Box Truck variant, which is based on the AM General FJ-8, can be seen in Need for Speed: Underground Rivals, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City.
The Tanker is a large vehicle that generally transports liquids in a cylindrical compartment behind the cab. The Tanker makes only one appearance and that is in Need for Speed: The Run resembling the International 9200. Paint schemes include silver, white, black, blue, and Shell Gasoline.
The Semi-Truck is a heavy duty vehicle designed for moving large semi-trailers to a destination. In some titles such as Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0, the Semi-Truck is featured as a game environment object.
- Need for Speed II is the first game in the series to feature the Semi-Truck. The truck adopts many design elements from the Kenworth T-600.
- The Semi-Truck in Need for Speed: High Stakes seems to be based on the Scania 4-Series. The same model reappeared in Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed, where it can be often encountered in industrial areas.
- A parked Freightliner FLD 120 based Semi-Truck can be spotted in several race tracks of Need for Speed: Underground. It is blue and carries a DUB themed trailer. Similar looking models appear in Need for Speed: Underground 2 as static mesh props as well.
- In Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Need for Speed: Carbon, the Semi-Truck is mostly found on highways. In both games, it is painted in blue and bears a strong resemblance to the Peterbilt 377. The Semi-Truck can be seen carrying a car or wood semi-trailer. It also appears in the PlayStation 2 release of Need for Speed: Undercover with other body colours.
- It is possible to find the Semi-Truck and its trailers in the game files of Need for Speed: World, but it is not utilised as a traffic vehicle.
- In Need for Speed: Carbon, Semi-Trucks carrying cargo can be used as Pursuit Breakers.
- The PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 releases of Need for Speed: Undercover features a Semi-Truck which is based on an unused Semi-Truck in the game files of Burnout Paradise, which in itself resembles the Peterbilt 377.
- In some settings of Need for Speed: The Run, the Semi-Truck will appear. The truck either hauls an empty trailer painted in grey, white or black. It has a great resemblance to the Freightliner FLD.
- A second Semi-Truck appears in Need for Speed: The Run resembling the Peterbilt 359.
|Need for Speed II - Vehicles|
|Class C||Ferrari 355 F1* · Ford Mustang Mach III* · Italdesign Calà · Lotus Esprit V8|
|Class B||Ford Indigo · Italdesign Nazca C2* · Jaguar XJ220 · Isdera Commendatore 112i|
|Class A||Ferrari F50 · Ford GT90 · Lotus Elise GT1 · McLaren F1|
|Bonus||Bomber BFS* · FZR 2000* · Tombstone*|
|Traffic||Audi 100 quattro · BMW 5 Series (E34) · Citroën 2CV · GMC B-Series School Bus · Jeep Comanche · Jeep Wrangler YJ · Kenworth T-600 Semi Truck · Lincoln Town Car Stretch Limousine · Mazda Miata · Mercedes SL 500 · Mercedes Unimog · Monolithic Studios Tram · Toyota Land Cruiser · Volkswagen 1600 Fastback · Volkswagen Bug · Volkswagen Vanagon · Volvo 850|
|Secret||Aircraft · Beer* · Box · Cart · Crate · Log · Outhouse · Ruin* · SkyTrain · Souvenir Stand · Spinner · T-Rex · UFO · Wagon|
|*Special Edition exclusive|
|Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 - Vehicles|
|Racer||Aston Martin V12 Vanquish · BMW M5 · BMW Z8 · Chevrolet Corvette Z06 · Dodge Viper GTS · Ferrari 360 Modena** · Ferrari 360 Spider · Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pininfarina · Ferrari F50 · Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R · Ford TS50 · HSV Coupé GTS · Jaguar XKR · Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT · Lamborghini Murciélago · Lotus Elise · McLaren F1 · McLaren F1 LM · Mercedes-Benz CL 55 AMG · Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR · Opel Speedster · Porsche 911 Turbo · Porsche Carrera GT Concept · Vauxhall VX220|
|Pursuit||BMW M5 · Chevrolet Corvette Z06 · Dodge Viper GTS* · Ford Crown Victoria · Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R · Ford TS50* · HSV Coupé GTS* · Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT* · Lamborghini Murciélago · Porsche 911 Turbo*|
|Traffic||Ambulance · Box Truck · Bus · Coupe · Fire Truck · Hatchback · Minivan · Pickup Truck · Sedan · SUV · Taxi · Van|
|*GameCube/PC/Xbox exclusive, **PlayStation 2 exclusive|
|Need for Speed: Underground 2 - Vehicles|
|Cars||Acura RSX* · Audi A3 · Audi TT · Ford Focus · Ford Mustang GT · Honda Civic Si* · Hyundai Tiburon GT · Infiniti G35 · Lexus IS 300 · Mazda MX-5 · Mazda RX-7 · Mazda RX-8 · Mitsubishi 3000GT · Mitsubishi Eclipse · Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII · Nissan 240SX · Nissan 350Z · Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V · Nissan Skyline GT-R · Peugeot 106** · Peugeot 206 · Pontiac GTO · Subaru Impreza WRX · Toyota Celica · Toyota Corolla · Toyota Supra · Vauxhall Corsa 1.8** · Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|SUV||Cadillac Escalade · Hummer H2 · Lincoln Navigator|
|Traffic||Bus · Civil Car · Fire Truck · Hatchback · Minivan · Pickup Truck · SUV · Taxi · Van|
|* NTSC release, ** PAL release|